Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What I'm thankful for

This is by far my favorite time of year. I love the chill in the air, the leaves and the sounds they bring into the world, the height of the sun so it slips through the trees, the cloudy days, even the rain. It's been a favorite of mine since Ohio, with the beautiful colors and smells of first fires. I've particularly enjoyed dog walking these past few weeks. It's afforded me plenty of time to think and reflect.

If you're one who marks life by events or memories, then you may find yourself thinking today about the year since last Thanksgiving eve. Where were you and what were you thinking about, experiencing? laughing about? What has the past year brought to you? I've given that quite a bit of thought, and want to share what I am thankful for today.

It's been a tough year for so many of us...so many Americans and for so many globally. I am thankful that I am alive, well, healthy, happy and loved.
I am thankful that I am employed and able to stay afloat.
I am thankful that I have the love of my family and friends, at home and elsewhere.
I am thankful to be a mother, the greatest joy of all.

I am thankful to be a friend and to have wonderful friends in my life. I have to take a moment to expand here, because, this year has been huge for me relating to friends. My friendships this past year have taught me a great deal. I learned humility and witnessed grace from one dear friend, learned about faith and hope from another who found a rainbow at the very bottom of the well, learned acceptance and patience (an ongoing journey for me) from my fur-covered friends. I've seen the beauty of my mother's friends as they've grown up together, and watched my daughters' friends moving through transformations from teens to adults.

Life is good. I am grateful. I am thankful.
Wag more. Bark less.

No comments:

Post a Comment